Monday, February 27, 2012

Success...and Waiting

I think I got it! Using my Uncle Justin's recipe (with a few minor changes) I have succeeded in making good mac-and-cheese. There are a few adjustments I can make next time to perfect it. Here is the original recipe:

1/2 box of favorite noodles. (rigatoni works well)
1/4 lb of Monterrey Jack cheese
1/4 lb velveeta melting cheese
3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup bread crumbs


So cook noodles and drain.
Mix cheeses, milk, butter and garlic over low heat until melted.
Combine pasta and cheese sauce in medium baking dish.
Spread bread crumbs in even layer over the top.
Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 375 in the oven.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the bread crumb topping, so I left that out. I would suggest using even a bit less of the garlic powder, it's really strong. (we were out of garlic powder, so I ended up using onion powder, but it's essentially the same) Another thing is to make sure you start melting the cheese and other ingredients while the noodles are still cooking, I found it takes a while. You  also will want to bake it covered, and it doesn't necessarily need to take 25 minutes. I added a bit of mild shredded cheddar on top, just for kicks. And once the cheese melts, you can have chef's liberty with it.

It was a good day. I didn't have homework. I came home, made mac and cheese, and watched a few more episodes of Winx Club, while eating cookie dough ice cream. Life is soooo worth living, if only for the ice cream and cartoons.
So now that I have that obsession out of my system, I can turn to other matters in my life. Our trip to Florida is coming up, and I am beyond excited! The Harry Potter place seems cool, and I might even enjoy Sponge-o-rama (though that's a long shot) I'm sure it will be amusing in it's own cheesy way. But..I mean...look at it. http://www.spongeorama.com/ It's sillier than Shell City! I'll be sure to bring back some sponge home decor to redecorate my room. ^-^

I have always had an intense desire to travel, to go anywhere but where I am. We don't travel often, so I'm gonna milk this for all it's worth!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the Spongorama prob more than the Universal thing.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you are. It's why you're making us go. ;-;

      Delete