Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cheese Frustration and Guilty Pleasures

Soon this blog is going to turn into my documentations of my quest to make the perfect mac-and-cheese...

I plan to try out my Uncle J's recipe as soon as I can get the ingredients from Walmart, but since I hate to wait, I tried to make some using this cheese sauce powder we had in the cabinet. Good thing I didn't get my hopes up. I told my parents the stuff you make from "cheese powder" is always nasty, but they encouraged me to try it. Agh. It was terrible. I couldn't even finish one bowl, even after mixing in some real shredded cheese. It tasted so off, so unlike cheese, that I couldn't stand it.

At my rants about cheese powder issues, Mikayla just says to me, "You know who whines? Babies." A quote we all laugh at from Supernatural, but it is quite annoying to not have this terrible predicament recognized. My family and friends know that I take my pasta very seriously.

See, I figured out my problem with Easy Mac and other fake cheese powder kinds. Of course, I do have the obvious problem of it being real cheese, or at least TASTE real, but their is also the consistency. I want thickness, not cheesy water mixed with noodles. Like...family restaurant quality! If you're ever at Noodles & Company, but don't want to go with one of the exotic dishes (careful, most of them are spicy!) then go with their Macaroni-and-cheese; it's simple and amazing. I can definitely tell they make it form scratch...to some degree. Yes, I'm sure, Dad!

On a happier note, Mikayla and I want to drive to Chicago in October. Why? Supernatural convention, of course! Jensen Ackles (Dean) and Jared Padalecki (Sam) are going to be there! Though I knew about and liked the show before my sister Mikayla did, she's a real fangirl for it! There aren't many things she gets really worked up about, but when she does, it's an obsession! Hearing her go on about it makes me want to hole up in my room and follow in her footsteps on watching all 6 seasons ;_; Perhaps when I've finished the 4 seasons if Winx Club...

Speaking of Winx Club, we're back on the topic of guilty pleasures. Everybody has them, but who will admit it? Some of you know that I have my own level of love for pasta (especially Chicken Alfredo Tuscani Pasta from Pizza Hut! If you haven't tried it, do it now! Get breadsticks too, mmmm....) as well as chocolate. I am not a big fan of dark chocolate, but just about anything that contains chocolate at all is a great gift for any occasion (at least in my case). I have also always had a secret desire to watch girly kids' movies, namely Barbie. I was too old for them when they started coming out, but I've always wanted to see them anyways. I loved Winx Club back when it was still on Saturday morning cartoons (I was 7, maybe 8?) and now I have a renewed fandom of it, watching the episodes on youtube. They came out with a new version of it, and it's awful!

Are you willing to admit your guilty pleasures?

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should ask - one of my guilty pleasures is watching Supernatural! XD Absolutely serious, I'm watching Season 1 (again) on Netflix right this minute. No, I'm not kidding - just finished "Faith" (S1E12). Might have to look into going to Chicago in October...

    ReplyDelete