Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Procrastinator's Therapy

Nothing better than painting whack Disney characters to calm the amateur artist's nerves.
I should be doing just about everything but creating a blog right now, but I've always been a procrastinator, and responsibility has always been able to wait. (I'm not dead yet!) Because I don't have my sketchbook (thanks, Sarah) I was desperately searching for some way to vent creativity. I started with clay, but it wasn't working the way I wanted, so I turned to watercolor painting. I got my mom's coloring book from downstairs and had at it. It's been forever since I last painted, and I soon discovered that watercolors are SABOTAGE for trying to stay in the lines. Any 1st grader could've told me that, but I seemed to have forgotten that problem. After mishaps with trying to mix the vivid green and the murky brown, I just gave up and focused on not making it look like it'd been done by a 3 year old. I even managed to mostly stick to natural colors! (Big thing for me, I usually get fed up with natural colors and go all fluorescent on it <<>>) However, the idea of simply painting Thumper grey and white was so devestating, I couldn't help myself. He now has a sort of...happy Disney Bunnicula vibe? I think it's an improvement.

Stupid phone picture, but whatever. His stomach's still wet here, but once again, whatever. After it dried, it actually didn't look half-bad overall. I will definitely be doing this again, though I might have to try fingerpainting again first. ^-^ I'll get the hang of it, and it's quite therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment