Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back to Business

Heeeeeey I'm back! I ended up ditching this blog for so much longer than I planned, I'm sorry ;-;
So, spring break is over, we're back from Florida, and I am rounding off my first week returning to school. It went by really fast actually.

So, Florida. We visited beaches on both the Gulf and Atlantic sides. The Atlantic ocean was a lot stronger, and I got a nasty bruise on my hip because I was too cocky when I first went in. Silly Shannon, eh? We did not go to Universal, but we did visit Sea World. Sea World was amazing. It made me want to become a marine biologist so I could move to Florida and work there. My mom says good luck, that's probably the ambition of every teenage girl that comes here. Hurray for familial support! I came back loaded with silly, tourist-y souvenirs and a bit of a tan. Thankfully, I only burned a bit, on my nose, and that faded pretty quickly.

It feels great to be home, and the weather is almost as nice here as it was in Florida! I hardly had to adjust from climate shock at all.

Since I haven't discussed my art mishaps lately, I'll update on them now.
My friend Sarah and I made a little clay dinosaur today. I posted a picture on FB, but I will here too.
Other than that, I painted another page of the coloring book yesterday, and I plan to do the same today. It may not be very complex, but it's calming. I do want to explore more into the painting medium, so hopefully I can get some thicker paints eventually.
I have also become fascinated with the art of calligraphy. The senior art class of the high school has a few pieces on display at the public library, including several from a calligraphy class. A friend of mine had a calligraphy-style pen she was using, which I found was quite entertaining when she let me try it ^-^

Besides ever adding items to my personal list of things to buy, a couple have been crossed off said list. Unfortunately, the traditional drawings I wanted from a favorite artist of mine, Brigid Vaughn, were purchased, so I hope she will be adding more. I also purchased The Red Pyramid while at the airport in Tampa. Once I get The Demigod Files and The Throne of Fire, I'll have /all/ of Riordan's books. I am not as much of a fan of the Kane chronicles as much as the Percy Jackson series, but they're still good.

I discovered a sad truth today. After all my work and fuss over finding the perfect recipe for mac and cheese, I found I didn't even need one. With the velveeta we had, some butter, milk, and just a bit of shredded cheese, I made...possibly the best yet. Though I did use elements from my uncle's recipe, simple seems to do the trick.
Must keep such things in mind for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment